Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (7) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS


EXERCISE 8. Review: preposition combinations.

Directions: Complete the sentences with prepositions.

1

Everyone is talking _________________ the explosion in the high school chemistry lab.

2

Carlos was absent _________________ class six times last term.

3

Fruit consists mostly _________________ water.

4

Our children are very polite _________________ adults, but they argue _________________ their playmates all the time.

5

Three centimeters is equal _________________ approximately one and a half inches.

6

I'm not ready _________________ my trip. I haven't packed yet.

7

I borrowed some clothes _________________ my best friend.

8

Are you familiar _________________ ancient Greek history?

9

I discussed my problem _________________ my uncle.

10

Someday astronauts will travel _________________ another solar system.

11

Jennifer arrived _________________ this city last Tuesday.

12

Jack's plane arrived _________________ the airport in Mexico City two hours ago.

13

I admire you _________________ your ability to laugh _________________ yourself when you make a silly mistake.

14

A: Why are you staring _________________ the wall?

B: I'm not. I'm thinking.

15

A: Are you two arguing _________________ each other _________________ your in-laws again?

B: Do you know what his father did?

C: Oh yeah? Listen _________________ what her sister said.

A: Shhh. I don't want to hear any of this. Stop complaining _________________ me _________________ your relatives. I don't agree _________________ either of you.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments