Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (30) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

EXERCISE 34. TOO and ENOUGH + infinitive.

Directions: Complete the sentences with too and enough. Use Ø if nothing is needed.

1

Alan is ____ too _____ smart _____ Ø ____ to make that kind of mistake.

2

Alan is ____ Ø ____ smart _____ enough ____ to understand how to solve that problem.

3

My pocket is ____________ big ____________ to hold my wallet. I always carry my wallet there.

4

A horse is ____________ big ____________ for a person to lift.

5

I'm uncomfortable. This room is ____________ hot ____________. Why don't you open the window?

6

That watch is ____________ expensive ____________. I can't afford it.

7

Are you ____________ tall ____________ to reach that book for me? The green one on the top shelf. Thanks.

8

Ask John to move that box. He's ____________ strong ____________ to lift it.

9

I am ____________ busy ____________ to help you right now.

 

EXERCISE 35. TOO and ENOUGH + Infinitive.

Directions: Complete the following sentences. Use infinitives in the completions.

1

I'm too short ……………………..

2

I'm not tall enough ……………………..

3

I'm not strong enough ……………………..

4

Last night I was too tired ……………………..

5

Yesterday I was too busy ……………………..

6

A Mercedes-Benz is too expensive ……………………..

7

I don't have enough money ……………………..

8

Yesterday I didn't have enough time ……………………..

9

A teenager is old enough ……………………..but too young ……………………..

10

1h o w enough English ……………………..but not enough ……………………..

ANSWER KEY

EXERCISE 34


EXERCISE 35


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments