Friday 23 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (6) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

13-4 VERB + GERUND OR INFINITIVE


EXERCISE 6. Verb + gerund or infinitive. (Charts 13-3 and 13-4)

Directions: Use the given words to create sentences with gerunds and infinitives.

1

start + snow around midnight

It started snowing around midnight. It started to snow around midnight.

2

continue + work even though everyone else stopped

3

like + get a lot of e-mails from my friends

4

love + go to baseball games

5

hate + talk to pushy salespeople

6

can't stand + wait in lines for a long time

 

EXERCISE 7. Verb + gerund or infinitive.

Directions: Discuss what you like and don't like to do. Use the given ideas to make sentences that begin with words from this list.

I like

I don’t like

I don’t mind

I love

I hate

I enjoy

I can’t stand

 

1

cook

I like to cook / I like cooking /I hate to cook / I hate cooking / I don't mind cooking / I don't enjoy cooking, etc.

2

live in this city

3

wash dishes

4

fly

5

wait in airports

6

read novels in my spare time

7

eat a delicious meal slowly

8

speak in front of a large group

9

play cards for money

10

drive on city streets during rush hour

11

go to parties where I don't know a single person

12

listen to the sounds of the city while I'm trying to get to sleep

13

visit with friends I haven't seen in a long time

14

get in between two friends who are having an argument

15

travel to strange and exotic places

ANSWER KEY

EXERCISE 6

(YOUR OWN RESPONSES)

EXERCISE 7


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments