Monday 26 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (18) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

EXERCISE 24. Quoted speech.

Directions: Practice punctuating quoted speech. Notice that a new paragraph signals a change in speakers.

 

Both of your parents are deaf, aren't they I asked Roberto.

Yes, they are he replied

I'm looking for someone who knows sign language I said. Do you know sign language I asked.

He said of course I do. I've been using sign language with my parents since I was a baby. It's a beautiful and expressive language. I often prefer it to spoken language.

A deaf student is going to visit our class next Monday. Could you interpret for her I asked

I'd be delighted to he answered. I'm looking forward to meeting her. Can you tell me why she is coming?

She's interested in seeing what we do in our English classes I said.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments