Monday 26 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (22) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

EXERCISE 29. Quoted vs. reported speech.

Directions: Change the quoted speech to reported speech. Change the verb in quoted speech to a past form in reported speech if possible.

1

Jim said, "I'm sleepy."

Jim said (that) he was sleepy

2

Sally said, "I don't like chocolate."

3

Mary said, "I'm planning to take a trip with my family."

4

Tom said, "I have already eaten lunch."

5

Kate said, "I called my doctor."

6

Mr. Rice said, "I'm going to go to Chicago."

7

Eric said to me, "I will come to your house at ten."

8

Jane said, "I can't afford to buy a new car."

9

Ann says, "I can't afford to buy a new car."

10

Ms. Topp said to me, "I want to see you in my office after your meeting with your supervisor."

ANSWER KEY



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments