Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (14) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

GROUP E: PHRASAL VERBS (SEPARABLE)


EXERCISE 15. Phrasal verbs. (Group E)

Directions: Work in pairs, in groups, or as a class.

Example:

SPEAKER A (book open): If I am sad, you will try to cheer me . . . .

SPEAKER B (book closed): ...up.

1

You need to return that book to the library. You need to take it ……………

2

I lost my job. The company I'm working for laid me ……………

3

If you don't need the light from a candle anymore, you blow  ……………it

4

If we need to discuss something, we need to talk it ……………

5

You walked into a cold building. Instead of taking your coat off, you left it ……………

6

If you give your old clothes to charity, you give them ……………

7

When we have a problem to solve, we need to work it ……………

8

If I lend you something, I want you to return it to me. I want you to bring it ……………

(Switch roles if working in pairs.)

9

Parents feed, educate, and love their children. They bring their children ……………

10

When I finish using my computer, I don't turn it off each time. Instead, I often leave it ……………

11

Someone offered you a job. Before you give an answer, you need some time to think it ……………

12

When you take guests to a restaurant and pay the bill, you take them ……………

13

If you introduce a topic into a conversation, you bring it ……………

14

If you make a mess, you need to clean it ……………

15

You rented a video. When you were finished with it, you took it ……………

16

When friends need our assistance, we offer to help them ……………

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments