Monday 26 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (21) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

14-10 VERB FORMS IN REPORTED SPEECH


EXERCISE 28. Reported speech: formal verb forms.

Directions: Complete the reported speech sentences. Use formal verb forms.

 

1

Sara said, "I need some help."

Sara said (that) she ____ needed ____ some help.

2

Linda said, "I'm meeting David for dinner."

Linda said (that) she _______ David for diner.

3

Ms. Bell said, "I have studied in Cairo."

Ms. Bell said (that) _______ she in Cairo.

4

Bill said, "I forgot to pay my electric bill."

Bill said (that) he _______ to pay his electric bill.

5

Barbara said, "I am going to fly to Hawaii for my vacation."

Barbara said (that) she _______ to Hawaii for her vacation.

6

I said, "I'll carry the box up the stairs."

I said (that) I _______ the box up the stairs.

7

Taufik said to me, "I can teach you to drive!'

Taufik said (that) he _______ me to drive

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments