Monday 26 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (1) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

EXERCISE 1. Preview: phrasal verbs. (Appendix 1)

Directions: Complete the sentences with the given words. The words may be used more than once.

away

back

off

on

up

 

1

The children's toys are all over the floor during the day, but before they go to bed, they always put their toys ___ away ____.

2

In the winter, I never go outside without a coat. Before I go out, I always put ______ my coat.

3

I took a book from the shelf and then returned it to the exact same place. In other words, when I was finished looking at the book, I put it ______ where I found it.

4

Sometimes I postpone doing my homework in the evening and watch TV or talk on the phone instead. I probably should do my homework first, but sometimes I put it ______ and do it later.

5

I am not a late sleeper. I get ______ early almost every day.

6

I usually take the bus to work. I get ______ the bus near my apartment and get ______ just a block from my office.

7

We're leaving on May 1. We'll return May 7. As soon as we get ______ from our trip on the 7*, we'll call you.

8

When I entered the dark room, I turned ______ the lights. When I left, I turned ______ them because it's important to save electricity.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments