Monday 26 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (4) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

EXERCISE 4. Phrasal verbs: separable vs. nonseparable.

Directions: Complete the sentences with pronouns and particles. If the phrasal verb is separable, circle SEP. If it is nonseparable, circle NONSEP.

1

I got over my cold. I got _____ over it __________.

SEP

NONSEP

2

1 made up the story. → I made ____ it up _________.

SEP

NONSEP

3

I put off my homework. → I put ____________________.

SEP

NONSEP

4

I wrote down the numbers. → I wrote ____________________.

SEP

NONSEP

5

I ran into Robert. → I ran ____________________.

SEP

NONSEP

6

I figured the answer act. → I figured ____________________.

SEP

NONSEP

7

I took off my shoes. → I took ____________________.

SEP

NONSEP

8

I got over my cold. → I got ____________________.

SEP

NONSEP

9

I turned off the lights. → I turned ____________________.

SEP

NONSEP

10

1 threw away the newspaper. → I threw____________________.

SEP

NONSEP

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments