Monday 26 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (6) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

GROUP A: PHRASAL VERBS (SEPARABLE)*


 

EXERCISE 6. Phrasal verbs. (Group A)

Directions: Complete the sentences with pronouns and particles.

1

A: Did you postpone your trip to Puerto Rico?

B: Yes, we did. We ____ it off ____ until next summer.

2

A: Is Pat's phone number 322-4454 or 322-4455?

B: I don't remember. You'd better look _________. The telephone directory is in the kitchen.

3

A: Is Mary asleep?

B: Yes. I'd better wake _________. She has a class at nine.

4

A: Do you want to keep these newspapers?

B: No. Throw _________.

5

A: I'm hot. This sweater is too heavy.

B: Why don't you take _________?

6

A: Is that story true?

B: No. I made _________.

7

A: When does the teacher want our compositions?

B: We have to hand _________tomorrow.

8

A: I made an appointment with Dr. Armstrong for three o'clock next Thursday.

B: You'd better write _________so you won't forget.

9

A: Do you know the answer to this problem?

B: No. I can't figure _________.

10

A: Johnny, you're too heavy for me to carry. I have to put _________.

B: Okay, Mommy.

11

A: Oh, dear. I dropped my pen. Could you pick _________ for me?

B: Sure

12

A: How does this tape recorder work?

B: Push this button to turn , _________ ,and push that button to turn _________.

13

A: I have some papers for the class. Ali, would you please hand _________ for me?

B: I'd be happy to.

14

A: Timmy, here's your hat. Put _________ before you go out. It's cold outside.

B: Okay, Dad.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments