Monday 26 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (23) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

14-11 COMMON REPORTING VERBS: TELL, ASK, ANSWER/REPLY


EXERCISE 30. SAY vs. TELL vs. ASK.

Directions: Complete the sentences with said, told, or asked.

1

Karen _____ told ______ me that she would be here at one o'clock.

2

Tom _____ said ______ that he was going to get here around two.

3

Mary _____ asked ____ me what time I would arrive.

4

Jack ______________ that I had a message.

5

Jack ______________ me that someone had called me around ten-thirty.

6

I ______________ Jack if he knew the caller's name.

7

I had a short conversation with Alice yesterday. I ______________ her that I would help her move into her new a p a m e n t next week. She ______________ that she would welcome the help. She ______________ me if I had a truck or knew anyone who had a truck. I ______________ her Jason had a truck. She ______________ she would call him.

8

My uncle in Chicago called and ______________ that he was organizing a surprise party for my aunt's 60" birthday. He ______________ me if I could come to Chicago for the party. I ______________ him that I would be happy to come. I ______________ when it was. He ______________ it was the last weekend in August.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments