Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (1) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS

 

A2-1 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS: INTRODUCTION


EXERCISE 1. Preview: preposition combinations. (Chart A2-2)

Directions: These sentences contain a sampling of the preposition combinations in this Appendix. Complete the sentences with prepositions. How many do you already how? Which ones do you still need to learn?

1

Tom is devoted _____ to ______ his family.

2

I'm afraid I don't agree _____________ you.

3

I wasn't aware _____________ the problem.

4

I'm excited _____________ the concert.

5

Are you satisfied _____________ your progress?

6

She warned us _____________ the coming storm.

7

What's the matter _____________ him?

8

It doesn't matter _____________ me.

9

I got rid _____________ my old bicycle.

10

I don't approve _____________ smoking in public.

11

The solution is clear _____________ me.

12

Who is responsible _____________ this?

13

The hotel provides guests _____________ towels.

14

Protect your eyes _____________ the sun.

15

He med my cup _____________ hot tea.

 

SELF-STUDY PRACTICE. Group A.*

Directions: The prepositions in the column on the left are the correct completions for the blanks. To test yourself and practice the preposition combinations, follow these steps:

(1) Cover the ANSWERS column with a piece of paper.

(2) Complete the SENTENCES.

(3) Then remove the paper and check your answers.

(4) Then cover both the ANSWERS and the SENTENCES to complete your own REFERENCE LIST.

(5) Again check your answers

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments