Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (25) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

EXERCISE 29. Using (IN ORDER) TO.

Directions: Complete the sentences in Column A by using the ideas in Column B. Connect the ideas with (in order) to.

Example: I called the hotel desk . . .

I called the hotel desk (in order) to ask for an extra pillow.

Column A

Column B

1

I called the hotel desk …………..

A

keep their feet warm and dry

2

I turned on the radio …………..

B

reach the top shelf

3

I looked on the Internet …………..

C

listen to a ball game

4

People wear boots …………..

D

find the population of Malaysia

5

Andy went to Egypt …………..

√ E

ask for an extra pillow

1

Ms. Lane stood on tiptoes …………..

F

chase a stray dog away

2

The dentist moved the light closer to my face ……

G

help her pay the rent

3

I clapped my hands and yelled …………..

H

get some fresh air and exercise

4

Maria took a walk in the park …………..

I

see the ancient pyramids

5

I offered my cousin some money …………..

J

look into my mouth

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments