Friday 23 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (1) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

13-1 VERB + GERUND


EXERCISE 1. Verb + gerund. (Chart 13-1)

Directions: Complete the sentences by using gerunds. Add a preposition after the gerund it necessary.

1

It was cold and rainy yesterday, so we postponed _____ going to/visiting ____the zoo.

2

The Porters' house is too small. They're considering _____ buying/moving _____ a bigger house.

3

We discussed _____________ Colorado for our vacation.

4

When Martha finished _____________ the floor, she dusted the furniture.

5

Sometimes students put off _____________ their homework.

6

We had a blizzard yesterday, but it finally stopped _____________ around 10:00 P.M

7

I quit _____________ comic books when I was twelve years old.

8

I'm thinking about _____________ a biology course next semester.

9

Beth doesn't like her job. She's talking about _____________ a different job.

10

I enjoy _____________ sports.

11

I'm considering _____________ New York City.

12

A: Are you listening to me?

B: Yes. Keep _____________. I'm listening.

13

A. Do you want to take a break?

B: No. I'm not tired yet. Let's keep on _____________ for another hour or so.

14

A: Would you mind _____________ the window?

B: Not at all. I'd be glad to.

15

A: I'm thinking about not _____________ the meeting tomorrow.

B: Really? Why? I hope you decide to go. We need your input.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments