Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (10) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS

 

PREPOSITION COMBINATION: GROUP G


 

EXERCISE 11. Preposition combinations. (Group G)

Directions: Complete the sentences with prepositions.

1

Shhh. I'm trying to concentrate ____________ this math problem.

2

How did the bank robbers escape ____________ jail?

3

Did you tell your parents ____________ the dent in their new car?

4

We're hoping ____________ good weather tomorrow so we can go sailing.

5

Did you hear ____________ the earthquake in Turkey?

6

I heard ____________ my sister last week. She wrote me a letter.

7

I spoke ____________ Dr. Rice ____________ my problem.

8

I'm not accustomed ____________ cold weather.

9

When you divide 2 ____________ 6, the answer is 3

10

When you subtract 1 ____________ 6, the answer is 5.

11

When you multiply 6 ____________ 3, the answer is 18.*

12

When you add 6 ____________ 4, the answer is lo.**

13

George wondered ____________ his team's chances of winning the tennis tournament.

14

Sally hid her journal ____________ her younger sister.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments