Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (2) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

EXERCISE 2. Noun clauses that begin with a question word.

Directions: Complete the dialogues by changing Speaker A's questions to noun clauses.

1

A: Where does Jim go to school?

B: I don't know _______ where Jim goes ______ to school.

2

A: Where did Natasha go yesterday?

B: I don't know. Do you know ______________ yesterday?

3

A: Why is Maria laughing?

B: I don't know. Does anybody know ______________?

4

A: Why is tire hot?

B: I don't know ______________ hot.

5

A: How much does a new Honda cost?

B: Peter can tell you ______________.

6

A: Why is Mike always late?

B: Don't ask me. I don't understand ______________ late.

7

A: How long do buds live?

B: I don't know______________.

8

A: When was the first wheel invented?

B: I don't know. Do you know ______________?


9

A: How many hours does a light bulb burn?

B: I don't know exactly______________.

10

A: Where did Emily buy her computer?

B: I don't know ______________ her computer.

11

A: Who lives next door to Kate?

B: I don't know ______________ next door to Kate.

12

A: Who(m) did Julie talk to?

B: I don't know ______________ to.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments