Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (11) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS

 

EXERCISE 12. Review: Preposition combinations.

Directions: Complete the sentences with prepositions.

1

He insisted _____________ knowing the truth.

2

1 was wondering _____________ that!

3

What's the matter _____________ you today?

4

He hid the money _____________ his wife.

5

We separated the ducks _____________ the chickens.

6

I apologized _____________ my boss _____________ my mistake+

7

We got rid _____________ the cockroaches in our apartment.

8

Who does this book belong _____________?

9

The prisoners escaped _____________ their guards..

10

What happened _____________ you?

11

I'm sorry. Please forgive me _____________ my error.

12

What did Mr. Grant die _____________?

13

Parents protect their children _____________ harm.

14

Shh. I'm trying to concentrate _____________ my work.

15

I rely _____________ my fiends for their help.

16

I don't approve _____________ his lifestyle.

17

The official warned us _____________ the danger of traveling there.

18

Fresh vegetables are good _____________ you.

19

We're looking forward _____________ your visit.

20

Does it matter _____________ you what time I call this evening?

ANSWER KEY


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments