Friday 23 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (12) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

13-5 PREPOSITION + GERUND


EXERCISE 13. Preposition+ gerund.

Directions: Complete the sentences with a preposition and the given words.

1

I'm looking forward

+ go to the zoo

I'm looking forward to going to the zoo.

2

Thank you

+ open the door

 

3

I'm worried

+ be late for the concert

 

4

Are you interested

+  go to the museum with us

 

5

I apologized

+ be late

 

6

Are you afraid

+ fly in small planes           

 

7

Are you nervous

+ take your driver's test

 

8

We're excited

+ go to a soccer game

 

9

Jack insisted

+ pay the restaurant bill

 

10

Annie dreams

+ be a horse trainer someday

 

11

I don't feel

+ eat right now

 

12

Please forgive me

+ not call you sooner

 

13

I'm tired

+ live with five roommates

 

14

I believe

+ be honest at all times

 

15

Let's plan

+ meet at the restaurant at six

 

16

Who's responsible

+ clean the classroom

 

17

The police stopped us

+ enter the building

 

18

Jake's not very good

+ cut his own hair

 

 


ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments