Friday 23 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (8) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

EXERCISE 9. Gerunds vs. infinitives.

Directions: Work in pairs.

Student A: Read the cues. Your book is open.

Student B: Complete the sentences with either to go or going + the name of a place. Your book is closed.

 

Example:

STUDENT A (book open): I expect ……..

STUDENT B (book closed): to go (to Mack's Bar and Grill for dinner tonight).

STUDENT A (book open): I like ……..

STUDENT B (book closed): to go (to Hawaii). OR going (to Hawaii).

 

 

Switch roles.

1

I expect ……………………….

13

I enjoy ……………………….

2

I like ……………………….

14

I don't need ……………………….

3

I would like ……………………….

15

I'm going to try ……………………….

4

I enjoy ……………………….

16

I hate ……………………….

5

I’d love ……………………….

17

I love ……………………….

6

I promised ……………………….

18

My friend and I discussed ……………………….

7

I can't stand ……………………….

19

I've decided ……………………….

8

I intend ……………………….

20

Sometimes I put off ……………………….

9

I am thinking about ……………………….

21

Yesterday I forgot ……………………….

10

Are you considering ……………………….

22

1 can't wait ……………………….

11

I've always wanted ……………………….

23

My friend and I agreed ……………………….

12

I can't afford ……………………….

24

Would you mind ……………………….

 

ANSWER KEY

YOUR OWN RESPONSES

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments