Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (9) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS

 

PREPOSITION COMBINATION: GROUP F


EXERCISE 10. Preposition combinations. (Group F)

Directions: Complete the sentences with prepositions.

1

I apologized ____________ Ann ____________ stepping on her toe.

2

I thanked Sam ____________ helping me fix my car.

3

My grandfather doesn't approve ____________ gambling.

4

Please forgive me ____________ forgetting your birthday.

5

My friend insisted ____________ taking me to the airport.

6

Please excuse me ____________ being late.

7

Children depend ____________ their parents for love and support.

8

In my composition, I compared this city ____________ my hometown.

9

Umbrellas protect people ____________ rain.

10

We're relying ____________ Jason to help us move into our new apartment.

11

We had mice in the house, so we set some traps to get rid ____________ them.

12

What happened ____________ your finger? Did you cut it?

13

My boss excused me ____________ the meeting when I became ill.

14

What did old Mr. Hill die ____________?

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments