Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (24) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

13-9 EXPRESSING PURPOSE WITH IN ORDER TO AND FOR


EXERCISE 28. Using IN ORDER TO.

Directions: Add in order to the sentences whenever possible.

1

I went to the bank to cash a check.

I went to the bank in order to cash a check.

2

I'd like to see that movie.

(No change. The infinitive does not express purpose.)

3

Sam went to the hospital to visit: a friend.

4

I need to go to the bank today.

5

I need to go to the bank today to deposit my paycheck.

6

On my way home from school, I stopped at the drugstore to buy some shampoo.

7

Carmen looked in her dictionary to find the correct spelling of a word.

8

Masako went to the cafeteria to eat lunch.

9

Jack and Linda have decided to get married.

10

Pedro watches TV to improve his English.

11

I didn't forget to pay my rent.

12

Kim wrote to the university to ask for a catalog

13

Sally touched my shoulder to get my attention.

14

Donna expects to graduate next spring.

15

Jerry needs to go to the bookstore to buy a spiral notebook.

ANSWER KEY


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments