Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (11) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

14-5 NOUN CLAUSES THAT BEGIN WITH THAT


 

EXERCISE 15. THAT-clauses.

Directions: Add the word that in the appropriate place to mark the beginning of a noun clause.

1

I think (^ that) most people have kind hearts.

2

Last night I dreamed I was at my aunt's house.

3

I believe we need to protect endangered species of animals.

4

I know Matt walks to school every day. I assume he doesn't have a bicycle.

5

Did you notice Ji Ming wasn't in class yesterday? I hope he's okay.

6

I trust Linda. I believe what she said. I believe she told the truth.

7

In yesterday's newspaper, I read half of the people in the world have never used a telephone of any kind in their entire lives.

8

The population of New York City is extraordinarily diverse. Did you know forty percent of the people who live in New York City are foreign born? Many people believe these immigrants are revitalizing the city.

9

A: Do you think a monster really exists in Loch Ness in Scotland?

B: I don't know. Look at this story in the newspaper. It says some investigators say they can prove the Loch Ness Monster exists.

A: You shouldn't always believe what you read in the newspapers.


ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments