Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (3) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS

 

PREPOSITION COMBINATION: GROUP B


EXERCISE 4. Preposition combinations. (Group B)

Directions: Complete the sentences with prepositions.

1

I borrowed this dictionary __________ Pedro.

2

Could you please help me __________ these heavy suitcases?

3

Sue, I'd like to introduce you __________ Ed Jones.

4

You shouldn't stare __________ other people. It's not polite.'

5

Do you believe __________ ghosts?

6

Are you laughing __________ my mistake?

7

I admire my father __________ his honesty and intelligence.

8

I argued __________ Anna __________ politics.

9

I discussed my educational plans __________ my parents.

10

I applied __________ admission to the University of Massachusetts.

11

We're leaving __________ Cairo next week.

12

Mrs. Wertz smiled __________ her grandchildren.

 

SELF-STUDY PRACTICE. Group C.

Directions: The prepositions in the column on the left are the correct completion for the blanks. Follow the same steps you used for Group A on page 454.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments