Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (3) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

EXERCISE 4. Information questions and noun clauses.

Directions: Complete the sentences with the words in parentheses.

1

A: Where (Susan, eat) _______ did Susan eat _____ lunch yesterday?

B: I don't know where (she, eat) _____ she ate _______ lunch yesterday.

2

A: Do you know where (Jason, work) _________________?

B: Who?

A: Jason. Where (he, work) _____________________?

B: I don’t know.

3

A: Excuse me

B: Yes. How can I help you?

A: How much (that camera, cost) _____________________?

B: You want to know how much (this camera, cost) _____________________ is that right?

A: No, not that one. The one next to it.

4

A: How far (you, can run) _____________________ without stopping?

B: I have no idea. I don't know how far (I, can run) _____________________ without stopping. I've never tried.

5

A: Where (you, see) _____________________ the ad for the computer sale last week?

B: I don't remember where (I, see) _____________________ it. One of the local papers, I think.

6

A: Ann was out late last night, wasn't she? When (she, get) _____________________ in?

B: Why do you want to know what time (she, get) _____________________ home?

A: Just curious.

7

A: What time (it, is) _____________________?

B: I don't how. I'll ask Sara. Sara, do you know what time (it, is) _____________________?

C: Almost four-thirty.

8

 A: (who, invent) _____________________ the first refrigerator?

B: I don't know (who, invent) _____________________ the first refrigerator. Do you?

9

A: Mom, why (some people, be) _____________________ cruel to other people?

B: Honey, I don't really understand why (some people, be) cruel to others. It's difficult to explain.

10

A: I don't care about the future. All I care about is today.

B: Oh? Well, answer this question for me. Where (you, spend) _____________________ the rest of your lie?

A: What do you mean?

B: I mean it's important to pay attention to the future. That's where (you, spend) the rest of your life.

ANSWER KEY


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments