Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (7) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

EXERCISE 9. Noun clauses that begin with IF or WHETHER.

Directions Complete the dialogues by completing the noun clauses. Use if to introduce the noun clause.

1

A: Are you tired?

B: Why do you want to know _____ if I am ______?

A: You look tired. I'm worried about you.

2

A: Are you going to be in your office later today?

B: What? Sorry. I didn't hear you.

A: I need to know ____________________________ in your office later today.

3

A: Do all birds have feathers?

B: Well, I don't really know for sure ____________________________ feathers, but I suppose they do

4

A: Did Rosa take my dictionary off my desk?

B: Who?

A: Rosa. I want to know ____________________________ my dictionary off my desk.

5

A: Can Uncle Pete babysit tonight?

B: Sorry. I wasn't listening. I was thinking about something else.

A: Have you talked to Uncle Pete? We need to know ____________________________ tonight.

6

A: Does Al have a flashlight in his car)

B: I'll ask him. Hey, Al! Al! Fred wants to know ____________________________ a flashlight in your car.

C: Yeah, I do. Why?

7

A: Should I take my umbrella?

B: How am I supposed to know ____________________________ your umbrella? I'm not a weather forecaster.

A: You're kind of grumpy today, aren't you?

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments