Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (6) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS

EXERCISE 7. Review: preposition combinations.

Directions: Complete the sentences with prepositions.

1

Dan is always nice ______________ everyone.

2

A: How long do you need to keep the Spanish book you borrowed ______________ me?

B: I'd like to keep it until I'm ready ______________ the exam next week.

3

A: Why weren’t you more polite ______________ Alan's friend?

B: Because he kept staring ______________ me all evening. He made me nervous.

4

A: We're going to beat you in the soccer game on Saturday.

B No way. TWO of your players are equal ______________ only one of ours.

A: Oh yeah? We'll see.

5

Stop pouring! My cup is already full ______________ coffee.

6

May I please borrow some money ______________ you? I'm thirsty ______________ an ice cream soda, and we're walking right by the ice cream shop.

7

A: Do you believe ______________ astrology?

B: I'm really not familiar ______________ it.

8

A: Mike, I really admire you ______________ your ability to remember names. Will you help me ______________ the introductions?

B: Sure. Ellen, let me introduce you ______________ Pat, Andy, Debbie, Olga, Ramon, and Kate.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments