Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (9) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

GROUP C: PHRASAL VERBS (SEPARABLE)


EXERCISE 10. Phrasal verbs. (Group C)

Directions: Complete the sentences with pronouns and particles.

1

A: Could you lend me a couple of bucks?

B: Sure.

A: Thanks. I'll pay ____ you back ___ tomorrow.

2

A: The radio is too loud. Could you please turn ________________?

B: Sure.

3

A: I can't hear the TV. Could you please turn ________________?

B: I'd be glad to.

4

A: Have you heard from Jack lately?

B: No. I think I'll call ________________ tonight and see how he is.*

5

A; Someone's at the door. Can I call ________________?

B: Sure.

6

A: Where's my coat?

B: I hung ________________.

7

A: Did you leave the water on?

B: No. I shut ________________ when I finished washing my hands.

8

A: May I borrow your calculator? I'll give ________________ to you tomorrow.

B: Sure. Keep it as long as you need it.

9

A: You can't smoke that cigarette in the auditorium. You'd better put ________________ before we go in.

B: Okay.

10

A: Do you have any plans for Saturday night?

B: Yes. I have a date. Jim Olsen asked ________________.

11

A: Did you take my eraser off my desk?

B: Yes, but I put ________________ on your desk when I was finished.

A: Oh? It's not here.

B: Look under your notebook.

A: Ah. There it is. Thanks.

12

A: Your toys are all over the floor, kids. Before you go to bed, be sure to put ________________.

B: Okay, Daddy.

13

A: Did you go to Kathy's party last night?

B: She didn't have the party. She called ________________..

14

A: This is a nice-looking coat. Why don't you try ________________?

B: How much does it cost?

15

A: That's Annie's toy, Tommy. Give ________________ to her.

B: No!

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments