Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (8) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS

 

PREPOSITION COMBINATION: GROUP E


EXERCISE 9. Preposition combinations. (Group E)

Directions: Complete the sentences with prepositions.

1

What's the matter ____________ you? What's wrong?

2

We can go out for dinner, or we can eat at home. It doesn't matter ____________ me.

3

To make this recipe, you have to separate the egg whites ____________ the yolks.

4

I don't know anything ____________ astrology.

5

I'm looking forward ____________ my vacation next month.

6

Dennis dreamed ____________ his girlfriend last night.

7

Right now I'm doing an exercise. I'm looking ____________ my book.

8

Jim can't find his book. He's looking ____________ it.

9

Jim is searching ____________ his book.

10

I asked the waitress ____________ another cup of coffee.

11

I asked Rebecca ____________ her trip to Japan.

12

Does this pen belong ____________ you?

13

The city was warned ____________ the hurricane in advance.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments