Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (18) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

GROUP H: PHRASAL VERBS (THREE-WORD)


EXERCISE 19. Phrasal verbs. (Group H)

Directions: Complete the sentences.

1

A: Are you busy tonight?

B: No.

A: Would you like to come ______ along with _______ us to the movie?

2

A: I need to talk to you. When can we get ________________?

B: How about tomorrow morning?

3

My teenage daughter is lazy. All she wants to do is hang ________________ ________________ her friends.

4

I saw a young child who was all alone. He was crying. I went ________________ ________________ him and asked if I could help.

5

How did you find ________________ ________________ the change in the schedule?

6

It's a long nip. We'd better set ________________ early.

7

Keep that cat ________________ ________________ me! I'm allergic.

8

Do you want to come ________________ tonight? We could watch a movie or something.

9

There was a fumy cartoon in the newspaper. I cut it ________________ for my aunt.

10

A: I was born in Viet Nam, but I haven't been there for many years.

B: Do you expect to go ________________ ________________ Viet Nam again someday?

A: Yes.

11

A: What did you do at your aunt's?

B: Not much. We just sat ________________ and talked about the relatives who weren't there.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments