Friday 23 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (5) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

13-3 VERB + INFINITIVE


EXERCISE 5. Verb + infinitive. (Chart 13-3)

Directions: Complete the sentences by using infinitives. Add a preposition after the infinitive if necessary.

1

I'm planning _____ to go to/to visit /to fly to ______ Chicago next week.

2

I've decided ___________________ a new apartment.

3

Jack promised not ___________________ late for the wedding.

4

I forgot ___________________ some rice when I went to the grocery store.

5

I would like ___________________ the Grand Canyon

6

My husband and I would love ___________________ Arizona.

7

I need ___________________ my homework tonight.

8

What time do you expect ___________________ Chicago?

9

I want ___________________ a ball game on TV after dinner tonight.

10

You seem ___________________ in a good mood today.

11

Susie appeared ___________________ asleep, but she wasn't. She was only pretending.

12

Susie pretended ___________________ asleep. She pretended not ___________________ when I spoke to her.

13

The Millers can't afford ___________________ a house.

14

George is only seven, but he intends ___________________ a doctor when he grows up.

15

My friend offered ___________________ me a little money.

16

Tommy doesn't like peas. He refuses ___________________ them.

17

My wife and I wanted to do different things this weekend. Finally, I agreed ___________________ a movie with her Saturday, and she agreed ___________________ the football game with me on Sunday.

18

I hope ___________________ all of my courses this term. So far my grades have been pretty good.

19

I try ___________________ class on time every day.

20

I can't wait ___________________ my family again! It's been a long time!

21

I'm sorry. I didn't mean ___________________ you.

22

I learned (how) ___________________ when I was around six or seven.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments