Monday 26 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (3) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

EXERCISE 3. Identifying phrasal verbs.

Directions: Underlie the second part of the phrasal verb in each sentence.

1

I figured the answer out.

2

The teacher called on me in class.

3

I made up a story about my childhood.

4

I feel okay now. I got over my cold last week.

5

The students handed their papers in at the end of the test.

6

I woke my roommate up when I got home.

7

I picked up a book and started to read.

8

I turned the radio on to listen to some music.

9

When I don't know how to spell a word, I look it up in the dictionary.

10

I opened the telephone directory and looked up the number of a plumber.

11

I put my book down and turned off the light.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments