Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 2 PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS (5) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 2

PREPOSITION COMBINATIONS

 

PREPOSITION COMBINATION: GROUP D


 

EXERCISE 6. Preposition combinations. (Group D)

Directions: Complete the sentences with prepositions.

1

Tom paid ___________ his airplane ticket in cash.

2

Joan graduated ___________ high school two years ago.

3

I waited ___________ the bus.

4

Jim is a waiter. He waits ___________ customers at a restaurant.

5

I have a different opinion. I don't agree ___________ you.

6

I arrived ___________ this city last month.

7

I arrived ___________ the airport around eight.

8

I listened ___________ the news on TV last night.

9

This exercise consists ___________ verbs that are followed by certain prepositions.

10

Jack invited me ___________ his party.

11

I complained ___________ the landlord ___________ the leaky faucet in the kitchen.

12

Annie disagreed ___________ her father about the amount of her weekly allowance.

13

Did you talk ___________ Professor Adams ___________ your grades?

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments