Friday 23 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (13) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

EXERCISE 14. Preposition + gerund.

Directions: Work in pairs.

Speaker A. Complete the sentence with a preposition and "doing something."

Speaker B: Ask a question about A's statement. Begin with "What . . ."and end with "doing."

Speaker A: Answer the question in a complete sentence using your own words.

 

Example: I'm looking forward . . . .

SPEAKER A: I'm looking forward to doing something.

SPEAKER B: What are you looking forward to doing?

SPEAKER A: I'm looking forward to going to a movie tonight.

 

 

 

Switch roles

1

I'm interested ……………………

6

I'm nervous ……………………

2

I'm worried ……………………

7

I'm excited ……………………

3

1 thanked my friend ……………………

8

I feel ……………………

4

I apologized ……………………

9

I'm planning ……………………

5

I'm afraid ……………………

10

I'm tired ……………………

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments