Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (11) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

GROUP D: PHRASAL VERBS (SEPARABLE)


EXERCISE 12. Phrasal verbs.

Directions: Complete the phrasal verbs.

 

1

There was no name on the front of the paper, so I turned it ______ over _____ and looked on the back.

2

My wife pointed _______________ an interesting article in the newspaper.

3

Before you submit the job application, look it _______________ carefully to make sure you've filled it _______________ correctly.

4

A: Good news! I've been accepted at the University of Florida.

B: Great. When did you find _______________?

A: I got a letter in the mail today.

5

A: My roommate moved last week. Before he left, he filled _______________ a change-of-address card at the post office, but I'm still getting some of his mail. What should I do?

B: Cross _______________ the old address on a letter and write in his new one. Also write "please forward" on the letter. You don't have to use another stamp.

6

How much does it cost to fill _______________ your gas tank?

7

We're doing an exercise. We're filling _______________ blanks with prepositions.

8

When I went to Dr. Green's office for the first time, I had to fill _______________ a long form about my health history.

9

I made a mistake on the check I was writing, so I tore it _______________ and wrote another.

10

An old building was in the way of the new highway through the city, so they tore the old building _______________.

11

Sam has his new suit _______________ today. He looks very handsome.

12

My employer asked for the latest sales figures, so I went to my computer and quickly printed _______________ a new report.

13

I think we're going in the wrong direction. Let's turn _______________.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments