Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (10) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

EXERCISE 13. Noun clauses.

Directions: What are some of the things you wonder about? Consider the given topics. Create sentences using "I wonder ……… (why, when, how, if, whether, etc.)." Work in groups or as a class.

 

Example: fish

I wonder how many fish there are in the world.

I wonder how many different kinds of fish there are in the world.

I wonder how long fish have lived on earth.

I wonder whether fish can communicate with each other.

I wonder if fish in fish tanks are happy.

Etc.

 

1

birds

5

electricity

2

the earth

6

dinosaurs

3

(name of a person you know)

7

(topic of your own choosing)

4

events in the future

 

 

 

EXERCISE 14. Noun clauses and questions.

Directions: Create questions and answer them using noun clauses. Work in pairs.

Speaker A: Ask a question. Use the suggestions below. Try to ask a question that Speaker B can't answer.

Speaker B: Answer the question if you can. If you can't, say "I don't know ..." followed by a noun clause. Then you can guess at the answer if you wish.

Example: location of X*

SPEAKER A: Where is Mr. Fong's briefcase right now?

SPEAKER B: Under his desk. OR I don't know where his briefcase is. I suppose he left it at home today.

 

 

 

Switch roles

1

location of X

7

meaning of X

2

cost of X

8

time of X

3

owner of X

9

amount of X

4

reason for X

10

year that X happened

5

person who did X

11

type of X

6

country X is from

12

distance from X to Y

ANSWER KEY

EXERCISE 13&14

(YOUR OWN RESPONSES)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments