Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (13) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

GROUP E: PHRASAL VERBS (SEPARABLE)


EXERCISE 14. Phrasal verbs. (Group E)

Directions: Complete the sentences.

1

When I am sad, my friends can always cheer me _____ up _____.

2

These are bad economic times. Businesses are laying _____________ hundreds of workers.

3

After I lit the candles, I blew _____________ the match.

4

Jack and Ann are having some problems in their marriage, but they are trying hard to work them _____________.

5

When they have a problem, they always try to talk it _____________ to make sure they are communicating with each other.

6

A: I'm leaving. Should I turn the TV off?

B: No. Please leave it _____________.

7

Saturday night I took my parents _____________ to a fancy restaurant.

8

After dinner, Michael helped me clean _____________ the kitchen.

9

I was brought _____________ in the South.

10

You're welcome to borrow my tools, but when you finish, please be sure to bring them _____________.

11

Don't forget to take the video _____________ to the store today.

12

I didn't take off my hat when I came inside. I left it _____________.

13

I hate to bring this problem _____________, but we need to talk about it.

14

A: Are you going to accept the job offer?

B: I don't how. I'm still thinking it _____________.

15

I can't sell this old sofa. I guess I'll give it _____________. Someone will be able to use it.

16

My parents usually help _____________ me with a little money when I'm having trouble paying my bills.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments