Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (17) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

A1-3 THREE-WORD PHRASAL VERBS


 

GROUP G: PHRASAL VERBS (THREE-WORD)


 

EXERCISE 18. Phrasal verbs. (Group G)

Directions: Complete the phrasal verbs.

 

1

Look ____ out ____! There's a car coming!

2

Look ___ out for ____  that car!

3

Where did you grow ____________?

4

I grew ____________ ____________ Springfield.

5

I couldn't finish the examination. I ran ____________ ____________ time.

6

A: What did you do yesterday?

B: Nothing much. I just fooled ____________.

7

A: Hi, Chris! What's up? I haven't seen you in a long time. Where have you been?

B: I went to California last week to visit my brother.

A: Oh? When did you get ____________ ____________ California?

B: Just yesterday.

8

A: Where's Jack? He hasn't been in class for at least two weeks.

B: He dropped ____________ ____________ school.

9

A: Watch ____________ ____________ that truck!

B: What truck?

10

A: What time do you expect to get ____________ ____________ your homework?

B: In about an hour, as soon as I finish reading this chapter.

11

A: I haven't seen the Grants for a long time. Let's drop ____________ ____________ them this evening.

B: We'd better call first. They may not like unexpected company.

12

A: I want to change my room in the dorm.

B: Why?

A: I don't get ____________ ____________ my roommate.

13

A: I signed ____________ ____________ Mrs. Grant's art class.

B: You're lucky. I tried to sign ____________ too, but it was full.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments