Monday 5 October 2020

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME (11) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR WORKBOOK

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

WORKBOOK

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME

PRACTICE 15-SELFSTUDY: Simple present and present progressive.

Directions: Complete the sentences with the SIMPLE PRESENT or PRESENT PROGRESSIVE form of the verbs in the list. Each verb is used only one time.

belong

need

see

√take

bite

play

shine

understand

drive

prefer

sing

watch

look

rain

√snow

write

 

 

 

1

Look outside! It ____ is snowing _______. Everything is beautiful and all white.

2

My father ____ takes _______ the 8:15 train into the city every weekday morning.

3

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I walk to work for the exercise. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I ___________ my car to work.

4

A: Charlie, can’t you hear the telephone? Answer it!

B: You get it! I ___________ my favourite TV show. I don’t want to miss anything.

5

A: What kind of tea do you like?

B: Well, I’m drinking black tea, but I ___________ green tea.

6

I’m gaining weight around my waist. These pants are too tight. I ___________ a larger pair of pants.

7

A: Dinner’s ready. Please call the children.

B: Where are they?

A: They ___________ a game outside in the street.

8

It's night. There's no moon. Emily is outside. She ___________ at the sky. She ___________ more stars than she can count.

9

Michael has a good voice. Sometimes he ___________ with a musical group in town. It's a good way to earn a little extra money.

10

A: Ouch!

B: What's the matter?

A: Every time I eat too fast, I ___________ my tongue.

11

Alicia always ___________ in her diary after dinner.

12

Thank you for your help in algebra. Now I ___________ that lesson.

13

This magazine isn't mine. It to ___________ Colette.

14

I can see a rainbow because the sun ___________ and it ___________ at the same time

 

ANSWER KEY


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments