Monday 5 October 2020

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME (17) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME


EXERCISE 5. Simple present vs. present progressive. (Charts 1-1 and 1-2)

Directions: Complete the sentences by using the words in parentheses. Use the simple present or the present progressive.

1

Shhh. The baby (sleep) _____ is sleeping ____. The baby (sleep) _____sleeps_____ for ten hours every night.

2

Right now I'm in class. I at my desk. I usually (sit) _________ at the same desk in class every day.

3

Ali (speak) _________  Arabic. Arabic is his native language, but right now he (speak) _________ English.

4

A: (it, rain) _________ a lot in southern California?

B: No. The weather (be) _________ usually warm and sunny.

5

A: Look out the window. (it, rain) _________? Should I take my umbrella?

B: It (start) _________ to sprinkle.

6

A: Look. It's Youssef.

B: Where?

A: Over there. He (walk) _________ out of the bakery.

7

A: Oscar usually (walk) _________ to work. (walk, you) _________ to work every day, too?

B: Yes.

A: (Oscar, walk) _________ with you?

B: Sometimes.

8

A: Flowers! Flowers for sale! Yes sir! Can I help you?

B: I'll take those-the yellow ones.

A: Here you are, mister. Are they for a special occasion?

B: I (buy) _________ them for my wife. I (buy) _________ her flowers on the first day of every month.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments