Friday 9 October 2020

CHAPTER 5. ASKING QUESTIONS (11) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 5. ASKING QUESTIONS

 

5-6 USING WHAT + A FORM OF DO


 

EXERCISE 14. Using WHAT + a form of DO. (Chart 5-6)

Directions: Create questions. Use what + a form of do.

1

A: ______ What are you doing ______ right now?

B: I'm studying.

2

A: _________________________________________ last night?

B: I studied.

3

A: _________________________________________ tomorrow?

B: I'm going to visit my relatives.

4

A: _________________________________________ tomorrow?

B: I want to go to the beach.

5

A: _________________________________________ this evening?

B: I would like to go to a movie.

6

A: _________________________________________ tomorrow?

B: I'm planning to stay home and relax most of the day.

7

A. _________________________________________ in class every day?

B: I study English.

8

A: _________________________________________ (for a living)?*

B: I'm a teacher.

9

A: _________________________________________ when he stopped you for speeding?

B: He (the police officer) gave me a ticket.

10

A: _________________________________________ in the winter?

B: It (a bear) hibernates.

9

A: I have the hiccups. _________________________________________?

B: You should drink a glass of water.

10

A: _________________________________________?

B: He (Mr. Rice) is a businessman. He works for General Electric.

A: _________________________________________?

B:She (Mrs. Rice) designs websites. She works for an Internet company.


EXERCISE 15. Using WHAT + a form of DO and verb tense review. (Chart 5-6)

Directions: Work in pairs. Ask a classmate a question. Use what + do.

Example: tomorrow

SPEAKER A: What are you going to do tomorrow? / What do you want to do tomorrow? /What would you like to do tomorrow? / Etc.

SPEAKER B: (Answer the question.)

 

 

switch roles

1

last night

7

this morning

2

right now

8

last weekend

3

next Saturday

9

on weekends

4

this afternoon

10

after class yesterday

5

tonight

11

after class today

6

every morning

12

since you arrived in this city

 

ANSWER KEY

EXERCISE 14


EXERCISE 15

(FOR YOUR OWN PRACTICE)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments