Saturday 10 October 2020

CHAPTER 5. ASKING QUESTIONS (22) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 5. ASKING QUESTIONS

 

EXERCISE36. Review of HOW. (Charts 5-10 + 5-14)

Directions: Create questions for the given answers. Use how in each question.

Example: It's very important.

How important is good health?

1

Very expensive.

2

1 took a taxi.

3

Four hours.

4

He's nineteen.

5

In five minutes.

6

With a knife.

7

Every day.

8

Three blocks.

9

Fine.

10

With two "t"s.

11

It gets below zero.

12

Excellent.

 

EXERCISE 37. Review of questions. (Charts 5-1 + 5-14)

Directions: Complete the dialogue with questions. Use any appropriate question words. Work in pairs or as a class.

A:

___________ What are you going to do _________ this weekend?

B:

  I'm going to go to a baseball game.

A:

There are two games this weekend. __________________________________ (2)?

B:

The one on Sunday.

A:

__________________________________ (3) yesterday?

B:

No, I didn't. I didn't know there was a game yesterday. __________________________________ (4)?

A:

Yes, I did, and I really enjoyed it.

B:

__________________________________ (5) to the game alone?

A:

No.

B:

__________________________________ (6) with you?

A:

Linda Rivera. __________________________________ (7) to Sunday's game with?

B:

A guy I work with named Bob Woo. He's a real fan.

A:

__________________________________ (8) to the stadium from your apartment?

B:

No, I can't. It's too far.

A:

__________________________________ (9)?

B:

Six miles.

A:

__________________________________ (10) get there?

B:

By bus.

A:

__________________________________ (11) get there?

B:

Just twenty minutes

A:

__________________________________ (12) start Sunday?

B:

One o'clock.

A:

I wish I could join you. __________________________________ (13) to a baseball game?

B:

About once a month. How about you?

A:

I go to a baseball game as often as I can.

B:

__________________________________ (14) to baseball games?

A:

Because it's a wonderful game, and it's so much ~%II to be there and watch it in person.

B:

__________________________________ (15) when you go to a game?

A:

I yell, enjoy the sunshine, eat peanuts, and drink soda.

B:

That's exactly what I do, too!

 

ANSWER KEY

EXERCISE 36


EXERCISE 37


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments