Saturday 10 October 2020

CHAPTER 5. ASKING QUESTIONS (24) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 5. ASKING QUESTIONS

 

5-15 USING HOW ABOUT AND WHAT ABOUT


 

EXERCISE 41. HOW ABOUT and WHAT ABOUT. (Chart 5-15)

Directions: Complete the dialogues with your own words.

1

A: ____________ What time do you want to meet for dinner? _________________

B: How about ________ nine or nine thirty? ___________

A: That's too late for me. How about ____ eight? ________

B: Okay

2

A: ________________________________________________________?

B: No, Tuesday's not good for me.

A: Then what about ________________________________________________________?

B: Okay. That's fine.

3

A: There's room in the car for one more person. Do you think ________________________________________ would like to go to with us?

B: ________________________________________________________can't go with us because ________________________________________________________.

A: Then how about ________________________________________________________?

B: ________________________________________________________.

4

A: Do you like fish?

B: Yes, very much. How about ________________________________________________________?

A: Yes, I like fish a lot. In fact, I think I'll order fish for dinner tonight. That sounds good. What about ________________________________________________________?

B: ________________________________________________________

 

EXERCISE 42. HOW ABOUT and WHAT ABOUT. (Chart 5-15)

Directions: Complete the dialogues by using How about you? or What about you? And an appropriate response.

Example:

SPEAKERA: What are you going to do over vacation?

SPEAKER B: I'm staying here. What about (How about) you?

SPEAKER A: I'm going to Texas to visit my sister.

 

1

A: Did you like the movie? '

B: It was okay, I guess …………………

A: …………………

2

A: Are you going to the company picnic?

B: I haven't decided yet …………………

A: …………………

3

A: Do you like living in this city?

B: Sort of …………………

A: …………………

4

A: What are you going to have?

B: Well, I'm not really hungry. I think I might have just a salad …………………

A: …………………

5

A: Where are you planning to go to school next year?

B: A small college in California …………………

A: …………………

6

A: Are you married?

B: …………………

A: …………………

ANSWER KEY

EXERCISE 41


EXERCISE 42

(YOUR OWN RESPONSES)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments