Tuesday 6 October 2020

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME (5) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME

 

BE GOING TO vs. WILL


EXERCISE 13. BE GOINGTO vs. WILL.

Directions: Discuss the italicized verbs in the following dialogues. Are the speakers expressing

(1) plans they made before the moment of speaking, or

(2) decisions they are making at the moment of speaking?

 

1

A: Did you return Pam's phone call?

B: No, I forgot. Thanks for reminding me. I'll call her right away.

Speaker B makes the decision at the moment of speaking.

2

A: I'm going to call Martha later this evening. Do you want to talk to her too?

B: No, I don't think so.

3

A. Jack is in town for a few days.

B: Really? Great! I’ll give him a call. Is he staying at his Aunt Rosa's?

4

A: Alex is in town for a few days.

B: I know. He called me yesterday. We're going to get together for a drink after I get off work tonight.

5

A: Are you leaving?

B: Yes. I'm going to go for a short walk. I need some fresh air.

A: 1’ll join you.

B: Great! Where should we go?

6

A: I'm going to take Mohammed to the airport tomorrow morning. Do you want to come along?

B: Sure.

7

A: We're going to go to Uncle Jacob's over the holiday. Do you want to come with us?

B: Gee, I don't know. I’ll think about it. When do you need to know?

8

A: Children, I have a very special job to do, and I need some help. I'm going to feed Mr. Whiskers, the rabbit. Who would like to help me?

B: Me!

C: I will!

D: Me! Me! I will!

E: I will! I will!

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments