Tuesday 6 October 2020

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME (6) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME

 

EXERCISE 14. BE GOINGTO vs. WILL. (Charts 3-1 -+ 3-5)

Directions: Complete the sentences with be going to or will.

1

A: Why did you buy this flour?

B: I _____ ’m going to ______ make some bread.

2

A: Could someone get me a glass of water?

B: Certainly. I _____ ‘ll _______ get you one. Would you like some ice in it?

3

A: Are you going to go to the post office soon?

B: Yes. Why?

A: I need to send this letter today.

B: I __________ mail it for you.

A: Thanks

4

A: Why are you carrying that box?

B: I __________ mail it to my sister. I'm on my way to the post office.

5

A: Could someone please open the window?

B: I __________ do it.

A: Thanks

6

A: What are your vacation plans?

B: We __________ spend two weeks on a Greek island.

7

A: I have a note for Joe from Rachel. I don't know what to do with it.

B: Let me have it. I __________ give it to him. He's in my algebra class.

A: Thanks. But you have to promise not to read it.

8

A: Did you know that Sara and I are moving? We found a great apartment on 45th Street. T

B: That's terrific. I __________ help you on moving day if you like.

A: Hey, great! We'd really appreciate that.

9

A: Do you have a car?

B: Yes, but I __________ sell it. I don't need it now that I live in the city.

10

A: Do you want to walk to the meeting together?

B: Okay. I __________ meet you by the elevator. Okay?

A: Okay. I __________ wait for you there.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments