Thursday 8 October 2020

CHAPTER 4. THE PRESENT PERFECT AND THE PAST PERFECT (15) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

                    FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 4. THE PRESENT PERFECT AND THE PAST PERFECT

.

USING ALREADY, YET, STILL, AND ANYMORE


EXERCISE 26. ALREADY,YET, STILL, ANYMORE.

Directions: Complete the sentences with already, yet, still, or anymore.

1

It's 1:00 P.M. I'm hungry. I haven't eaten lunch ______ yet _______.

2

It's 1:00 P.M. I'm not hungry. I've ___________ eaten lunch.

3

Eric was hungry, so he ate a candy bar a few minutes ago. But he's ___________ hungry, so he's going to have another candy bar.

4

I used to eat lunch at the cafeteria every day, but now I bring my lunch to school in a paper bag instead. I don't eat at the cafeteria ___________.

5

I don't have to study tonight. I've ___________ finished all my homework.

6

I started a letter to my parents yesterday, but I haven't finished it ___________ I'll finish it later today and put it in the mail.

7

I started a letter to my parents yesterday. I thought about finishing it last night before I went to bed, but I didn't. I ___________ haven't finished it.*

8

A: Is Mary home ___________?

B: No, but I'm expecting her soon.

9

A: Is Mary ___________ in class?

B: Yes, she is. Her class doesn't end until 11:30.

10

A: Has Rob found a new job ___________?

B: No. He works at the bookstore.

11

A: When is your sister going to come to visit you?

B: She's ___________ here. She got here yesterday.

12

A: Do you ___________ live on Pine Avenue

B: No, I don't live there ___________. I moved to another apartment closer to school.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments