Monday 5 October 2020

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME (8) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR WORKBOOK

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

WORKBOOK

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME

PRACTICE 12 – GUIDED STUDY: Simple present: frequency adverbs.

Directions: Make sentences about yourself. Use FREQUENCY ADVERBS with the given ideas.

Example: wear sandals in the summer

I usually wear sandals in the summer.

Example: read poetry in my spare time.

I rarely read poetry in my spare time.

FREQUENCY ADVERBS:

always

usually

often

sometimes

seldom

rarely

never

1

wear a suit to class

2

go to sleep at ten-thirty

3

read mystery stories before I go to sleep

4

hand in my school assignments on time

5

listen to the radio in the morning

6

speak to strangers at a bus stop

7

believe the things I read in newspapers

8

call a friend if I feel lonely or homesick

9

wear a hat when the weather is chilly

10

have chocolate ice cream for dessert

ANSWER KEY

Example

1. I NEVER wear a suit to class

2. I SELDOM go to sleep at ten-thirty

3.I SOMETIMES read mystery stories before I go to sleep

4. I ALWAYS hand in my school assignments on time

5.I USUALLY listen to the radio in the morning

6. I RARELY speak to strangers at a bus stop

7. I SELDOM believe the things I read in newspapers

8.I USUALLY call a friend if I feel lonely or homesick

9. I SOMETIMES wear a hat when the weather is chilly

10. I OFTEN have chocolate ice cream for dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments