Monday 5 October 2020

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME (7) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR WORKBOOK

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

WORKBOOK

CHAPTER 1. PRESENT TIME

PRACTICE 11-SELF STUDY: Frequency adverbs

Directions: Complete each sentence with an appropriate ‘FREQUENCY ADVERB’ from the list.

always

usually

often

sometimes

seldom

rarely

never

 

1

I see one or two movies every week. I ____often ____ go to the movies.

2

I let my roommate borrow my car one time last year.

I ___rarely____ let my roommate borrow my car.

3

Maria eats cereal for breakfast seven days a week.

Maria ____________ eats cereal for breakfast.

4

Four out of five visitors to the museum stay for three hours or longer.

Museum visitors ____________ stay for at least three hours.

5

We occasionally have quizzes in Dr. Jacob’s history class.

Dr. Jacobs ____________ gives quizzes in history class.

6

If the teacher is on time, the class begins at 8:00 A.M. Once in a while, the teacher is a few minutes late.

The class ____________ begins at 8:00 A.M.

7

The train from Chicago has been late ninety percent of the time.

The train from Chicago is ____________ on time.

8

In the desert, it rains only two days between May and September every year.

It ____________ rains there in the summer.

9

James asks me to go to the sailboat races every year, but I don’t accept his invitation because I think the sailboat racing is boring.

I ____________ go to the sailboat races with James.

10

Every time I go to a movie, I buy popcorn.

I ____________ buy popcorn when I go to a movie.

11

Andy and Jake are friends. They go out to dinner at least three times a week.

Andy and Jake ____________ go out to dinner with each other.

12

Andy and Jake do business with each other every once in a while. Most of the time they don’t discuss business when they go out to dinner with each other.

They ____________ discuss business during dinner.

ANSWER KEY


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments