Tuesday 6 October 2020

CHAPTER 2. PAST TIME (11) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 2. PAST TIME

EXPRESSING PAST TIME: USING TIME CLAUSES


EXERCISE 22. Past time clauses.

Direction: Combine the two sentences into one sentence by using time clauses. Discuss correct punctuation.

1

First: I got home.

Then: I ate dinner.

After ………………………. OR ……………………… .after …………………………..

After I got home, I ate dinner. OR I ate dinner after I got home.

2

First: I unplugged the coffee pot.

Then: I left my apartment this morning.

Before ……………………… OR ………………………. Before ……………………….

3

First: I lived on a farm.

Then: I was seven years old.

Until ……………………….  OR ………………………. Until ……………………….

4

First: I heard the doorbell.

Then: I opened the door.

As soon as ………………………. OR ………………………. as soon as ……………………….

5

First: The rabbit was sleeping.

Then: The fox climbed through the window.

While ………………………. OR ………………………..while ……………………….

When ………………………. OR ………………………. When ………………………..


6

First: It began to rain.

Then: I stood under a tree. ' '

When ………………………..OR ………………………..when. ………………………...

7

At the same time: I was lying in bed with the flu.

My friends were swimming at the beach.

While ………………………..OR ………………………..while ………………………...

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments