Tuesday 6 October 2020

CHAPTER 2. PAST TIME (13) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 2. PAST TIME

 

EXPRESSING PAST HABIT, USED TO


EXERCISE 24. Past habit with USED TO.

Directions: Correct the errors.

1

Alex used to living (live) in Cairo.

2

Jane used to worked at an insurance company.

3

Margo was used to teach English, but now she works at a publishing company.

4

Where you used to live?

5

1 didn't was used to get up early, but now I do.

6

Were you used to live in Singapore?

7

My family used to going to the beach every weekend, but now I don't.

EXERCISE 25. Past habit with USED TO.

Directions: Make sentences with a similar meaning by using used to. Some of the sentences are negatives, and some of them are questions.

1

When I was a child, I was shy. Now I'm not shy.

I ____ used to be _____ shy, but now I'm not.

2

When I was young, I thought that people over forty were old.

I _____________ that people over forty were old.

3

Now you live in this city. Where did you live before you came here?

Where_____________?

4

Did you at some time in the past work for the telephone company?

_____________ for the telephone company?

5

When I was younger I slept through the night. I never woke up in the middle of the night.

I _____________ in the middle of the night, but now I do.

I _____________ through the night, but now I don't.

6

When I was a child, I watched cartoons on TV. I don't watch cartoons anymore. Now I watch news programs. How about you?

I _____________ cartoons on TV, but I don't anymore.

I _____________ news programs, but now I do.

What _____________ on TV when you were a little kid?

EXERCISE 26. Past habit with USEDTO.

Directions: Complete the sentences with a form of used to and your own words.

1

I ______ used to ride _____  my bicycle to work, but now I take the bus.

2

What time _____ did you use (d)to go _____  to bed when you were a child?

3

I _____ didn’t use (d) to stay up ____ past midnight, but now I often go to bed very late because I have to study.

4

Tom ____________________ tennis after work every day, but now he doesn't.

5

I ____________________ breakfast, but now I always have something to eat in the morning because I read that students who eat breakfast do better in school.

6

1 ____________________ interested in ____________________, but now I am.

7

A: When you were a little kid, what after school?

B: I ____________________. How about you

A: I ____________________.

ANSWER KEY


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments