Wednesday 7 October 2020

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME (10) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME

 

USING THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE TO EXPRESS FUTURE TIME


EXERCISE 22. Using the present progressive to express future time.

Directions: Complete the dialogues with any of the following verbs that make sense. Use the present progressive if possible. Discuss whether the present progressive expresses present or future time.

 

cut

go

spend

do

leave

stay

drive

meet

take

fly

 

1

A: What _____ are ____ you ____ doing _____ tomorrow afternoon?

B: I _____ am going _______ to the mall.

A: Why?

B: I ______ am going _____ shopping for some new clothes. How about you?  What __________ you __________ tomorrow afternoon?

A: I __________ to a movie with Tom. After the movie, we __________ out to dinner. Would you like to meet us for dinner?

B: No, thanks. I can't. I __________ Heidi at 6:30at the new seafood restaurant on Fifth Street.

2

A: What courses __________ you __________ this year?

B: I __________ English, biology, math, and psychology.

A. What courses __________ you __________ next year?

B: I __________ English literature, chemistry, calculus, and history

A: That should keep you busy!

3

A: I __________ on vacation tomorrow.

B: Where __________you __________?

A: To San Francisco.

B: How are getting there? __________ you __________ or your car?

A: I __________. I have to be at the airport by seven tomorrow morning.

B: Do you need a ride to the airport?

A: No, thanks. I __________ a taxi. Are you planning to go somewhere over vacation?

B: No. I __________ here.

4

A: Stop! Annie! What __________ you __________?

B: I __________ my hair, Mom.

A: Oh dear!

5

A: You haven't seen my passport, have you?

B: No. Why?

A: I need it because I __________ for Taipei next Monday.

B: Oh? How long will you be there?

A: A week. I __________ the first few days with my brother, who __________ to school there. After that I __________ some old friends I went to school with in Australia several years ago. They've invited me to be their house guest.

B: Sounds like a great trip. Hope you find your passport.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments